You are responsible for any Content, defined in our Terms of Service, you provide in connection with the Services. We cannot control the actions of users with whom you or any Services subscribers may choose to share information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that Content you or any user posts on the Services will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and that we are not responsible for circumvention of any security measures contained on the Services. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of Content may remain viewable in cached pages and archives or if other users have copied or stored your Content.
SnapWorks endeavors to protect user information to ensure that user account information is kept private, however, we cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.
You may request removal of your Personal Information by contacting us at support@SnapWorks.me. We will remove the information that you request from our database, but this information may remain in our server logs as part of our standard backup procedures.
Any improper collection or misuse of Content or other information accessible on the Services is a violation of SnapWorks’s Terms of Service and should be reported to support@SnapWorks.me.
HOW IS CHILDREN’S PERSONAL INFORMATION TREATED?
Children’s Online Privacy and Protection Act (“COPPA”) requires that online service providers obtain parental consent or provide notice before they knowingly collect personally identifiable information online from children who are under 13 (“under age users”). Pursuant to COPPA, we may collect an underage user’s name, email address and/or telephone number in order to operate and provide the Services, and we may collect the underage user’s parent’s (or legal guardian’s) email address in order to provide notice to parents that we may contact their underage user for the purpose of providing the Services. If we learn we have collected Personal Information from an underage user other than pursuant to the above, or if we learn that an underage user has provided us personal information beyond what we request from him or her, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that an underage user may have provided us personal information in violation of this paragraph, please contact us at support@SnapWorks.me.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US OR COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
We receive and store any information you knowingly enter on the Services, whether via computer, mobile phone, other wireless device, or that you provide to us in any other way. This information may include device ID, device type and OS, Personal Information such as your name, phone number, email address, photograph, and, in certain circumstances, your school, or to provide you with notifications via the Services from a teacher or school (“Notifications”), or any other information necessary for us to provide our services. You may choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information we receive to provide you with the Services and also for purposes such as:
- Authenticating your identity and protecting our users
- Responding to your requests and communicating with you about new capabilities,
- Personalizing the features that we make available to you,
- Improving the Services by testing and analyzing usage
You may modify or remove your Personal Information identified below at any time by logging into your account and accessing features to edit your classes, subscribers and/or account information.
EMAIL, TEXT MESSAGE and push notifications
If you provide us your email address, SnapWorks may send you administrative messages (such as updates) relating to the Services or to respond to communications from you. By maintaining a SnapWorks account, you acknowledge and agree that you may receive e-mail, text messages or push notifications on your phone or mobile communications device from SnapWorks. The receipt of such messages may cause you to incur usage charges or other fees or costs in accordance with your wireless or data service plan. Any and all such charges, fees, or costs are your sole responsibility. You should consult with your wireless carrier to determine what rates, charges, fees, or costs may apply.
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality and performance of our mobile software on your phone. This software may collect, store and use information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. This software may share information it collects with other third parties as part of providing the analytics services and to comply with applicable laws.
SHARing PERSONAL INFORMATION
SnapWorks neither rents nor sells your Personal Information to anyone. However, we may share your Personal Information as described below.
- We may employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and may need to share your information with them in order to provide aspects of our Services to you. Some examples of services for which we may use agents include sending email, analyzing data, and providing user services. These agents may use Personal Information we share with them, for example, to assist us, to provide their services to you and/or us, and to measure and improve the performance of their services. You hereby consent to our sharing of information about you (which may include Personal Information) for such purposes.
- If SnapWorks or some of its assets were acquired, user information would be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of SnapWorks may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the Services of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law, such as complying with a subpoena or other legal process; enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of SnapWorks, our employees, our users, or others. This includes, without limitation, exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection or responding to government requests.
EDITING INFORMATION AND DELETING MY ACCOUNT
You have access to update passwords and to change personalization settings. This list will change as the Services change.
You may request deletion of your SnapWorks account by emailing support@SnapWorks.me. Please note that certain information may remain in our records, server logs and archives after deletion of your account. SnapWorks retains this information for purposes such as diagnosing problems with the service and for auditing legal investigations but reserves the right to delete this information in accordance with its standard business practices in effect from time to time. Further, information and other content you have provided may remain visible elsewhere to the extent such content was copied or stored by other users.
If we make any material changes we will notify you by email specified in your account or by posting a notice on the Services prior to the change becoming effective.
If you have any questions or need clarifications, please email us at support@SnapWorks.me.